Live Coding an Update to My Build a SAAS App with Flask Course
In this 25 minute video we go over updating Postgres, Redis, Python, Node, a bunch of Python packages and adding Hadolint.
Quick Jump: Demo Video
I recently added an update to my https://buildasaasappwithflask.com course and decided to publish that update video publicly. It demonstrates the process of maintaining and updating a real world application.
- 1:21 – Updating Postgres and Redis
- 3:47 – Updating Python and Node
- 5:23 – Updating all of our Python packages
- 12:00 – Introducing Hadolint to lint our Dockerfile
- 13:07 – Going back to committing our Python package updates
- 13:31 – And we’re back to Hadolint
- 16:50 – Going over which front-end dependencies we’ll be updating
- 20:12 – Running Yarn outdated to figure out what we’re updating
- 21:25 – Updating Font Awesome and jQuery
- 22:11 – When is the Flask course going to be re-written?
- 24:34 – Do our tests still pass? Yep!
- 25:50 – Does interacting with Stripe still work? Yes!
- 27:42 – What will be in the next update?
Do you want to see more videos in this style? Let me know below.