Why and How I Use Vim-Plug to Manage My Vim Plugins
Since I started with Vim pretty late, the first plugin manager I tried was vim-plug and it seems nearly perfect.
Quick Jump: Demo Video of Using Vim Plug
In this video we’ll do a quick run down on using Vim Plug to manage your Vim plugins. We won’t explore every last command but we will cover installing, updating and removing plugins which is what I do 99% of the time in my day to day.
Demo Video of Using Vim Plug
Timestamped Table of Contents
- 1:11 – Alternatives to using vim-plug
- 1:52 – Why I decided to use to vim-plug
- 2:05 – There’s the built-in plugin manager with Vim too
- 2:42 – The basic idea of adding plugins to your vimrc with vim-plug
- 3:16 – Installing vim-plug is painless, checkout the README on GitHub
- 3:35 – vim-plug makes it easy to reference which plugins you want installed
- 4:02 – Installing a plugin with the
- 4:27 – Running
PlugUpdatewill update your existing plugins
- 4:32 – Vim makes it easy for you to control when plugins get updated
- 7:19 – Removing a plugin using the
- 8:15 – Recap on why I’m happy with vim-plug
Which Vim plugin manager do you use and why? Let me know below!